Thursday, March 27, 2008

WOW!

and you thought Twinkle had some chunky knits...



These are amazing. I think I particularly love them because they combine two of my favourite passions: Knitting and modernism!



And the price tag? A meager $1600 dollars of course...don't let anyone tell you there's no money to be made in knitting. These are from Dutch designer Christien Meindertsma and you can buy them at Design within reach.

Totally inspirational. It's kind of making me think that I need to think bigger in terms of designing my own stuff. God knows that I am furniture obsessed anyway! And I know I've said this a hundred times before, but I'm counting this as another precedent towards my theory that art is virtually ALWAYS good if it is either a) really freakin' enormous or b) totally miniature.

You can see more of her work here and here. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Happily Knit said...

A cable as big as my body is quite intriguing, yes?--I got a kick out of that site too :)

Lolly said...

amazing! thanks for sharing!

knitlit kate said...

i saw those needles for sale somewhere online...not exactly a project you could cozy up on the couch with though...

Julia said...

Aw man, I totally want to make one of these!