Monday, May 12, 2008

Grrrrrrr / Purrrrrrrrr

meow.
I'm told it's National wash-cloth week?



Ok, I've not really been told that.

pattern: Grrr washcloth by Alice Bell (knitty.com)
yarn: stash bustin' lionbrand cotton ease in Taupe (double-stranded)

(image deleted)

If only sweaters would knit up as fast. This was very cute, though I have discovered that I seriously suck at embroidery. Anyone know of a good online-type tutorial?

Maybe a bit thick for a washcloth though? I think it would actually make a good trivet, and Mr. Purrrrr was happy with his friends for awhile, before I gave him to my sister. Plus her place is a lot cleaner than mine so he'll probably be a lot happier there.



Easy come, easy go.

And just because I haven't posted any recipes in a while, how 'bout some cookies?



Black Pepper butter Cookies

1 cup flour
2/3 c sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 1/s tsp coarse crushed black pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c unsalted butter
extra butter and sugar for flattening cookies

Preheat oven 300 degrees, line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a food processor combine flour, sugar, baking powder, pepper and salt. Pulse
to combine.

Melt butter in small pot over medium heat until light brown.
Add butter to flour mixture and process until dough forms into a ball (about 1 and a
1/2 minutes). Shape into 1 inch balls about 2 inches apart on baking sheets.

Lightly butter the bottom of a flat-bottomed glass, dip in sugar and press each
ball to 1/2 inch thickness. Bake on lowest rack of the oven until browned on bottom, 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

My dough wasn't really wet enough because I ran out of butter but decided to make do anyway...I'm wild like that. I think I originally got this recipe out of the Ottawa Citizen.

Hope everyone's been out enjoying the glorious weather ... I've cast on for several new things lately --but more on that to come.

4 comments:

Julia said...

Right on sistah - it IS washcloth month! I'm planning on making a bunch to experiment with colour patterns and use up a bunch of cotton I have in my stash.

And thanks for making me drool on my keyboard as the 4 o'clock munchies kick in!

Macoco said...

That washcloth is hysterical! I love it.

Anonymous said...

I just bought 2 skeins to make the girls these same lions...what fun...yours is great...

knitlit kate said...

wow...i never imagined i'd actually be inspired to knit a washcloth, but yours is beyond cute!